Elgin County will receive up to $50,000 in funding from the Ontario government to help support a project to re-develop the County’s website. The project aims to enhance the County’s online presence by creating a website that prioritizes accessibility, cybersecurity, and seamless program integration.
Come join our team, we are hiring one (1) Full-Time Permanent Manager of Roads & Asset Management and one (1) Temporary Full-Time Corporate Communications & Engagement Coordinator!
On Tuesday, October 24th, Elgin County’s Budget Committee met to review the results of the 2024 Budget Survey. The results of this survey are available to the public.
Elgin County Council met on Tuesday, October 24th to discuss the following items:
• Empowering Progress: Elgin County’s Support to Modernize the MFIPPA
• Enhancing Spasticity Care in Elgin’s LTCHs: Renewed Two-Year Service Agreement
• Enhancing Mobility and Wellness: Achieva Health’s Physiotherapy Services Contract Extended for an Additional Two Years
• Ensuring Seamless Pharmacy Services at Elgin County Homes
• Boosting Southwestern Public Health: County Council’s Commitment to Community Well-Being
• A Collaborative Approach to Taxation: Resolving Payment-in-Lieu Discrepancies
• Empowering the Arts: STEPAC’s Request for County Council Funding Increase
We have various openings for PSWs. RPNs & RNs across our three (3) Long-Term Care Homes (Terrace Lodge in Aylmer, Elgin Manor in St. Thomas, and Bobier Villa in Dutton).
On Tuesday, October 17th, Elgin County’s Community Control Group conducted its annual Emergency Response Exercise. The simulation was designed to practice the County’s Emergency Plan to deal with a winter storm, multi-vehicle accident, hazardous materials spill, and power outage, all at once!
Elgin County Library is pleased to announce the launch of two new collections: Yoto Bundles and Yoto Cards. The purpose of this pilot project is to bring a new and exciting screen-free smart audio player, the Yoto Player, to young children to engage them in reading in an audiobook format.
In celebration of Ontario Public Library Week, four Elgin County Authors will join our Local Author Panel at Port Stanley Theatre on October 18th at 1:00 p.m. for an afternoon of book talk with a Q&A session and a Door Prize draw for a free basket of books! Please register at your local library branch to receive a ticket/ballot for this FREE event!
Elgin County Council met today, Tuesday, October 10th to discuss the following items:
• Transforming Tomorrow Campaign: More Care. Closer to Home
• Official Plan Amendment No. 4 Transforms West Elgin’s Residential Landscape
• Charting the Course: Shaping the Future of Elgin County Library Programs
• Empowering Health: Elgin County Homes’ Strategic Move for Clear Medical Directives and Enhanced Resident Care
• Powering Progress: A Vision for Sustainable Growth and Community Engagement
• Securing the Future: Elgin County’s Proactive Approach to Upgrading to Office 365
• Modernizing Financial Operations: Upgrading Accounting Software
• Transparency in Action: 2022 Annual Report & Financial Statements