Office of CAO/Clerk
Office of CAO/Clerk
The County of Elgin strives to provide a safe, pleasant community for all citizens through a variety of services designed to promote quality of life and our rich historical and agricultural heritage.
- To ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability
- To promote cultural services
- To nurture and support dignified long-term care
- To be recognized as a desired employer
- To promote Elgin as “The Place to Live”
- To forge community partnerships
- To provide innovative and collaborative quality service
- To recognize and seize opportunities for improvement
- To build and maintain an efficient, affordable, effective and safe transportation network that accommodates the diverse needs of our communities and is able to support economic development and sustainable growth
Frequently Asked Questions
A. List of County Services (Phone number 519-631-1460) Administrative Services x 156 Archives x 154 Economic Development x 168 Engineering Services x 162 Financial Services x 144 Homes for Seniors Bobier Villa (519) 762-2417 Elgin Manor (519) 631-0620 Terrace Lodge (519) 773-9205 Human Resources x 155 Library Services x 148 Museum x 160 Provincial Offences Administration x 118 Tourism x 168
A. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A. Municipality of Bayham, Municipality of Central Elgin, Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich, Municipality of West Elgin, Town of Aylmer, Township of Malahide, and Township of Southwold.
A. 50 069 (2011 Census, Statistics Canada)
Municipality of Bayham 6 727
Municipality of Central Elgin 12 723
Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich 3 821
Municipality of West Elgin 5349
Town of Aylmer 7069
Township of Malahide 8 828
Township of Southwold 4 724
A. Visit the Human Resources page by clicking here: Elgin County Human Resources
A. Each municipality is responsible for their own garbage pick up, contact your respective municipalities for problems with garbage pick up.
A. Marriage Licenses are issued in the Town of Aylmer, Municipality of West Elgin, and the City of St. Thomas.
A. No. This can be done at the lower-tier municipality that you reside in.
A. Please contact Engineering Services to obtain the Room Booking Form by phoning 519-631-1460 x162 or via email
A. Visit the Engineering Services section of the website for more information: Elgin County Engineering Services
A. The local municipality is now performing the maintenance on County Roads. Please call the Municipal Office in your area for further clarification.
A. All inquiries regarding roadways with City of St. Thomas should be forwarded to their Works Department. City of St. Thomas Works Department 519-631-1680