Speaking at Council
Delegations are opportunities for members of the public to make brief presentations to Council or a Committee of Council. An individual may make a delegation at any Meeting of Council related to an item of business on the agenda.
To speak as a delegation at a Council or Committee meeting please complete the form below at least eight (8) days prior to the date of the Council or Committee meeting.
The Clerk will review all requests. Once the request is approved, the Clerk will notify you of the date of your presentation.
Delegation Request Application
Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete the delegation request application.
- The Clerk will provide you with the information needed in order to participate in the meeting.
- Any person or groups of persons wishing to address Council is required to make the necessary arrangements through the CAO/Clerk, at least eight (8) days prior to the date of the Council Meeting.
- Please submit your written materials using the form below, or email your presentation to the Deputy County Clerk (email@example.com).
- Materials must be submitted five (5) days prior to the Council Meeting.
- A delegation shall be limited to a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes.
- A delegation consisting of more than five (5) persons shall be limited to two speakers and to a total time limitation of fifteen (15) minutes for the delegation presentation.
- No more than four (4) delegations shall be scheduled to address Council at any Regular, Special or Emergency Meeting, unless otherwise permitted by the Warden.
- No person shall be allowed to address Council during any Meeting of Council without the permission of the Warden or other Chair. All comments must be directed through the Warden/Chair.
- Members of Council may ask questions of a delegation but shall not enter into debate with any representative of any such delegation. With the permission of the Chair, the CAO/Clerk may ask questions of any delegations. All questions to delegations shall be addressed through the Chair. No other person may ask any questions of delegations, unless directed to do so by the Warden or other Chair.
- Should an individual wish to be provided with further Notice related to a matter addressed by a delegation before Council, he or she is required to indicate this wish to the CAO/Clerk as part of his or her delegation request originally delivered.
Notice of Collection
Personal information, as defined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), is collected under the authority of and in accordance with MFIPPA. Personal information collected on the delegation request form will be used by staff to contact you to facilitate your appearance before Council/Committee, and also to communicate Council’s decision after the meeting. Your name will appear on the public agenda which is available to the public on the County’s website. Questions regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of this personal information may be directed to the County’s Deputy Clerk at 519-631-1460 extension 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org