On Friday, September 29th, Elgin County Warden Ed Ketchabaw raised the Every Child Matters Flag to honour National Day for Truth & Reconciliation. By raising this flag, Elgin County is committed to taking the journey to promote healing, respect and reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Elgin County Council met today, Tuesday, September 26th to discuss the following items:
• Revitalizing County Websites: Paving the Digital Path for Accessibility, Security, and Innovation
• Driving Excellence: Elgin County’s Ambulance Fleet Renewal Strategy
• Energizing Elgin: Powering Up the POA Courthouse and EMS Headquarters with Natural Gas Generators
• Fostering Business Excellence: Empowering Entrepreneurs in Elgin County and St. Thomas
• Planning for Progress: Elgin’s Collaborative Approach to Development
• AccessAbility Open House – Thursday, September 28, 2023
Elgin County Library is pleased to announce the launch of two new
collections: Yoto Bundles (Yoto Player + curated cards) and Yoto Cards. The purpose of this
pilot project is to bring a new and exciting screen-free smart audio player, the Yoto Player, to
young children to engage them in reading in an audiobook format.
Elgin County Council will meet on Tuesday, September 26th at 9:00 a.m. The agenda can be accessed by opening this news post.
Elgin County Council met on Tuesday, September 12th to discuss the following:
• Raising Hope: A Flag of Awareness for Childhood Cancer
• Preserving Care and Nourishment: Updates in Elgin County Homes’ Service Agreements
• Prescribing Hope: Elgin County’s Collaborative Solution to Physician Shortage
• Revamping Highway 3 & 4: Paving the Path to Progress – A Peek into The MTO’s Vision
• December 2023 Council Meeting Schedule Amendment
• Clearing the Dust: Terrace Lodge’s Asbestos Abatement and Policy Renewal
• Shaping Tomorrow’s Landscape: Council Decisions on Planning Amendments and Redline Revisions in Elgin County
The meeting scheduled for November 28, 2023, marks the end of the one-year term for the position of Warden. The Annual Warden’s Election will be held on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. the meeting will resume on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
Elgin County is happy to announce that the 2023 Warden’s Charity Golf Tournament has successfully raised $19,000 for organizations that support homelessness and inclusivity initiatives. These are both crucial issues throughout Elgin County.