Things to Remember
As Elgin County Library opens back up and welcomes our community back inside our branches, we wanted to take a moment to remind everyone about what our new normal looks like.
Library Card Maintenance
- You may notice that your library card doesn’t work when you go to access your account online or when you try to access Libby, Overdrive, Hoopla or one of the other online resources your Elgin County Library Card gives you access to. This could be because your library card has expired.
- You can renew your card by visiting your local branch, calling your local branch, emailing your local branch, or chatting with us on our website. (Our Hours & Locations page has all the contact information in one place.)
Checked Out Materials & Fines
- If you have overdue library materials at home you will start to accrue fines on your account.
- So if you have been hanging on to library materials while you haven’t been able to browse inside the library, now is the time to return them before you get overdue fines!
- Please return all overdue materials either in person at your local branch or through the drop box.
- If you have fines on your account please pay them online or in person with cash.
If you have any questions and concerns, please contact your local branch, all contact information can be found here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding over the past 18 months. We are so excited to get back to the new normal and welcome you back inside. We hope you are too! A library should never be empty.
Elgin County Library is pleased to accept this grant and acknowledges the support of the Sarah Badgley Literacy Fund towards expanding our Wonderbook collection.