St. Thomas-Elgin County Health Recruitment Partnership Scholarship
The scholarship awards $1,000 per year for up to 10 individuals who are enrolled in a medical school accredited with the Medical Council of Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) with emphasis placed on the pursuit of a career as a physician in family medicine.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident of the County of Elgin or the City of St. Thomas;
- Be enrolled in a medical school accredited with the Medical Council of Canadathrough the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Agree to have his or her name and photograph publicized.
Applicants must provide the following documentation to be considered;
- Completed application form (available on the City of St. Thomas and County of Elgin websites);
- Resume outlining past employment and/or extra-curricular activities, with a focus on community involvement;
- Proof of enrollment in a medical school meeting the eligibility criteria;
- Written statement explaining how your roots in Elgin County or the City of St. Thomas continue to be important as you pursue a career in medicine(approximately 250 words)
Applications are to be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on November 27th, 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed by the St. Thomas-Elgin Health Recruitment Partnership Committee.
- The decision of the Committee is final and reasons for the selections are strictly confidential.
- The Committee reserves the right not to award scholarships in any given year.
- Direct family members of the Health Recruitment Partnership and St. Thomas and Elgin County Councils are ineligible to apply.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient upon the City of St. Thomas receiving a receipt stating tuition has been paid. Successful applicants are eligible to receive awards annually during their enrollment in medical school to a maximum of 5 years. Applicants must apply for the award annually.