Ed Ketchabaw Elected as Elgin County Warden
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 6, 2022
Central Elgin, Ontario – Elgin County Council elected Ed Ketchabaw, Mayor of the Municipality of Bayham, as Elgin’s Warden during its inaugural meeting held December 6, 2022. Warden Ketchabaw now serves as the head of Elgin County Council for the 2023 governance year, representing the first year of Council’s four-year term.
As the head of County Council, Warden Ketchabaw’s responsibilities include acting as chair of Council meetings, providing leadership to Council, representing the County at official functions, acting as the County’s spokesperson, and much more.
The most immediate past Warden, Councillor Duncan McPhail, Mayor of the Municipality of West Elgin, will serve as Elgin’s 2023 Deputy Warden.
“It is an honour to have been elected by County Council to serve as Elgin County’s 2023 Warden,” said Warden Ketchabaw. “I look forward to working with Council to ensure Elgin County continues to be a place where people want to live, work and play for years to come.”
Elgin County is governed by County Council, which is comprised of nine Members from Elgin’s seven local municipalities. County Council representatives for the 2022-2026 term are:
- Councillor Duncan McPhail – Mayor, Municipality of West Elgin
- Councillor Mike Hentz – Mayor, Municipality of Dutton Dunwich
- Councillor Grant Jones – Mayor, Township of Southwold
- Councillor Andrew Sloan – Mayor, Municipality of Central Elgin
- Councillor Todd Noble – Deputy Mayor, Municipality of Central Elgin
- Councillor Dominique Giguère – Mayor, Township of Malahide
- Councillor Mark Widner – Deputy Mayor, Township of Malahide
- Councillor Jack Couckuyt – Mayor, Town of Aylmer
- Councillor Ed Ketchabaw – Mayor, Municipality of Bayham
For more information about Elgin County Council, visit: https://www.elgincounty.ca/council/
– 30 –
For additional information, please contact:
Warden, Elgin County Council