Elgin County Receives Funding from Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program
Central Elgin, ON – Elgin County is pleased to announce that it has received $336,466 in funding through the COVID-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream of the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program.
The Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program is jointly funded through the federal and provincial governments and the COVID-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream is designed to ensure that municipal and community infrastructure is safe and reliable. The Fund supports the development of modern and accessible recreational spaces, the replacement of equipment in health and emergency facilities, and the renovation of municipal buildings and community centres among other things.
Elgin’s funds will go towards the renovation of the existing County Council Chambers to meet the health, safety, and technological requirements of a post-COVID-19 environment. Additionally, a new rooftop HVAC system has been approved for long-term care home Bobier Villa in Dutton Dunwich.
“Ensuring that our facilities are safe for staff, residents, and members of the public is of the utmost importance to County Council,” said Warden Tom Marks. “I would like to thank both the federal and provincial governments for funding that will ensure that the business of Council can continue to be conducted in a safe, transparent, and accessible manner. We are also extremely grateful for funds that will go towards the HVAC replacement at Bobier Villa, ensuring the safety of our most vulnerable residents.”
On June 29, 2021, Jeff Yurek, MPP for Elgin-Middlesex-London and Peter Fragiskatos, MP for London North Centre, and Karen Vecchio, MP for Elgin-Middlesex-London announced $1.9M in funding for a number of projects across Elgin-Middlesex:
- City of St. Thomas- City Hall Slate Roof Repairs- $615,370
- Municipality of Dutton Dunwich- Rehabilitation of Municipal Office Building- $100,000
- Municipality of West Elgin- Municipal Office Rehabilitation- $100,000
- Municipality of Central Elgin- Port Stanley Public Beach Washroom Renovation- $183,000
- County of Elgin- County of Elgin Council Chambers Renovation- $100,000
- Township of Malahide- Rehabilitation of Tracey Street Park- $100,000
- County of Elgin (Dutton Dunwich)- County of Elgin’s LTCH Rooftop HVAC Replacement- $236,466
- Municipality of Bayham- Vienna Community Sidewalk Construction- $107,198
- Municipality of Thames Centre- Richmond Street – Active Transportation Upgrade- $149,751
- Township of Southwold- Construction of Multi-Use Trails in Township Parks- $100,000
- Town of Aylmer- Renovation of Town Hall- $107,151
For additional information, please contact:
General Manager of Engineering, Planning & Enterprise / Deputy CAO
Warden Tom Marks