ST GEORGE STREET RECONSTRUCTION
In 2022, Elgin County in partnership with the Municipality of Central Elgin is planning the reconstruction of St George Street (County Road 26) to an urban road standard from Wellington Road (County Road 25) to the CN railway crossing. The reconstruction project will include the replacement of aging storm water infrastructure, road base reconstruction complete with sidewalk and curb installation, and asphalt placement.
- Pre-Construction Investigations: February 2021 – June 2021
- Pre-Construction Public Information Centre: Fall 2021*
- Design Finalization: Fall 2021*
- Construction Start: Spring 2022*
- Estimated Completion: Fall 2022* with some minor cleanup work in Spring 2023
* Please note that the timelines are approximate and will vary depending on weather and other factors.
A tailored construction detour for each phase will be in place throughout the duration of the project. During construction, sections of the roads will need to be closed to vehicular through traffic to complete the work safely and in a timely manner, however pedestrian access will be provided to the extent possible.
Notices & Property Owner Correspondence:
For the latest project updates click below:
Brian Lima, P.Eng. Tyler Erickson, P.Eng. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com Phone: (519) 631-1460 ext. 117 Phone: (519) 631-4860 ext. 272
Construction Related Afterhour Emergencies (519) 631-1460 ext. 333