Village of Richmond Reconstruction
The County of Elgin in partnership with the Municipality of Bayham is undertaking the reconstruction of Heritage Line (County Road 38) and Richmond Road (County Road 43) within the Village of Richmond settlement limits.
The project will include replacement of storm sewers and private drain connections, road base replacement complete with concrete sidewalks and curbs, and asphalt placement.
The Village of Richmond Reconstruction project will be completed in phases.
- Pre-Construction Investigation: February 2021 – June 2021
- Pre-Construction Public Information Centre: Fall 2021*
- Design Finalization: Fall 2021*
- Construction Start: Spring 2022*
- Estimated Completion: Fall 2022* (with some minor cleanup work in Spring 2023)
* Please note that the timelines are approximate and will vary depending on weather and other factors.
A tailored construction detour for each phase will be in place throughout the duration of the project. During construction, sections of the roads will need to be closed to vehicular through traffic to complete the work safely and in a timely manner, however pedestrian access will be provided to the extent possible.
Notices & Property Owner Correspondence:
Brian Lima, P.Eng. Steve Adams Email: email@example.com Email: SAdams@bayham.on.ca Phone: (519) 631-1460 ext. 117 Phone: (519) 866-5521
Construction Related Afterhour Emergencies (519) 631-1460 ext. 333