The Human Resources Department
…is an equal opportunity employer who employs approximately 450 full-time and part-time employees.
The mission of the County of Elgin Human Resources Department is to ensure all County employees are treated fair and consistent. We strive to ensure that our supportive work environment continues to make the County of Elgin an Employer of Choice.
The County of Elgin is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Develops, recommends and administers the Human Resources Policies, Acts and Procedures for the County of Elgin
- Directs the personnel, labour relations, benefits, occupational health and safety and claims management functions of the Corporation
- Negotiates and administers collective agreements
- Recruits, searches, advertises, selects and interviews new employees in conjunction with all departments. Administers the job evaluation program and ensures the performance appraisal system is managed consistently
- Coordinates the Attendance Management System
- Researches, coordinates, facilitates and follows up on training and development for all County employees
- Provides consultative services to municipalities regarding labour relations
The County Of Elgin and Canadian Union of Public Employees
Between The Corporation Of The County Of Elgin (Library Department) And The Canadian Union of Public Employees Local Union 841, Library Employees (Expires December 31, 2024)
The County Of Elgin and Service Employees International Union
The County Of Elgin and Ontario Nurses' Association
Between The Corporation Of The County Of Elgin (Terrace Lodge, Elgin Manor and Bobier Villa) And Ontario Nurses’ Association (Expires March 31, 2020)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Address: County of Elgin Administration Building
450 Sunset Drive, 3rd Floor
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5V1
Phone: 519-631-1460 ext. 114