Engineering Services

Engineering Services is responsible for all engineering and administration for:

  • 700km of County Roads
  • Management of County owned facilities

Ongoing Construction Projects

Phillmore Bridge Deck Replacement

Hamlet of Richmond Reconstruction

Village of Rodney Reconstruction

Meeks Bridge Replacement

St. George St. Reconstruction

2022 Capital Plan

Map of Construction Projects to be completed in 2022

Environmental Assessments

Frequently Asked Questions

A. See the appropriate permit sections on this website for explanation. If have any further questions, please call our office.

The Elgin County  County Administration Building is located at 450 Sunset Drive in St. Thomas. This Art Deco style building was constructed in 1939 and housed the Nurse’s residence for the St. Thomas Psychiatric Hospital. The building was purchased by the County of Elgin in 1985.

For information on leasing office space, please contact Engineering Services Department (Phone:519-631-1460) Ext. 4.

A. The local municipality is now performing the maintenance on County roads. Please call the municipal office in your area for further clarification. 

Central Elgin519-631-4860
West Elgin519-785-0560

A. All inquires regarding roadways with City of St. Thomas should be forwarded to the Works Department. City of St. Thomas Works Department 519-631-1680

A. Only the portion of Highway #3 west of St. Thomas (in Talbotville) was reverted to County. Therefore for any concerns regarding the portion of the highway that is east of Talbotville, please contact the Ministry of Transportation (London office).

Any concerns regarding the portion of the highway west of Talbotville please contact our office. County of Elgin Engineering Services 519-631-1460 ext. 4

Ministry of Transportation(London District Office) 519-873-4200

Roads & Permits

Engineering Services Permits


Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Address: County of Elgin Administration Building
450 Sunset Drive, 2nd Floor 
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5V1
Phone: 519-631-1460 ext. 183
Fax: 519-633-7785