David and Maureen Jenkins presented Elgin County Council with the Gold Ribbon Flag and pins in honour of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. The Jenkins family lost their daughter, Maggie, to childhood cancer in 2014 and continue to keep her memory alive through the Maggie Project, which includes wide-spread national advocacy and fundraising efforts. Warden McPhail thanked the Jenkins family for inviting County Council to join the movement to increase awareness of Childhood Cancer. Warden McPhail declared September 2019 as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the County of Elgin.
David and Maureen Jenkins, with a Childcan Representative, and a Childhood Cancer Survivor present Warden McPhail with the Gold Ribbon Flag in honour of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
At the Elgin County Council meeting on September 24, 2019, Council took action on the following items:
– Approved Official Plan Amendment No. 3 to the Municipality of West Elgin Official Plan, File No. WE-OPA3-19;
– Granted draft plan approval to Little Creek West Draft Plan of Subdivision (Domus Developments, Inc.) in the Municipality of Central Elgin (Port Stanley);
– Authorized staff to sign a one (1) year attending physician agreement with Dr. Elsie Osagie for Terrace Lodge;
– Directed staff to commence with the required Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Schedule B project study and preliminary design to identify a preferred intersection improvement for the Centennial Road/Elm Line intersection;
– Supported the establishment of a Community Safety Zone and a dynamic reduced speed zone on Springfield Road at Mount Salem Christian School.
The complete September 24, 2019 County Council Agenda package can be found here.